How to Root LG G4 Smartphone – Unlock your phone and get root access
We IndieTech.my.id assume no responsibility for the article or what may happen to your LG G4 smartphone if a Root smartphone failed. Always make a backup of your phone before you make any changes.
How to root your LG G4? – all variants, Verizon, Tmobile, ATT, Sprint and International. All files and information needed is available in this video. Other links and descriptions are below.
Make sure you have the correct drivers for your LG G4 phone before you do the root LG G4 Smartphone steps. If you do not have it, download and install the appropriate driver below.
- Open this forum in a new tab. We will refer to it again in step 6 – http://forum.xda-developers.com/android/development/guide-root-method-lg-devices-t3049772
- Download the appropriate files to your phone from the section below. Ensure Send_Command grab tool (called LG_Root.zip below)
- Extract the tar.gz file you downloaded to your phone and move the file “system.rooted.phonemodel.img” to the root of your phone’s internal SD card with MTP mode. Do not rename this file or move it to any folder. If you do not receive a file named “system.rooted.phonemodel.img” so do NOT continue with the next step. You must have the file in the right place to continue.
- On the page you opened in step 2, follow these steps 1,2,3,6,7,8 and 9 only and then returned back here.
- Make sure you are using the correct COM port in Step 9.
- Write “id” and press enter (without quotes).
- You should get back some text that begins with “uid = (0) root gid = (0) root”. If not, press CTRL-C, and make the step 9 again. Run the command listed in the section below titled “Commands to run” to start the flash none. After a few minutes you will get back the “#” prompt. This indicates that the process is complete.
- Write “LEAVE” (without quotes) and press enter. The phone will then start and will be rootad.
Send_Command tools – All versions require this (You will use this in step # 5):
Also download one of the following depending on the type of phone you have.
International H815 10c Version:
Command to run
It is important that you choose the correct string for your device. (phone can be bricked if you choose the wrong).
T-Mobile H811 10H Version:
Code: dd if=/data/media/0/system.rooted.H81110h.img bs=8192 seek=65536 count=548352 of=/dev/block/mmcblk0
VZW VS986 11A Version:
Code: dd if=/data/media/0/system.rooted.vs98611a.img bs=8192 seek=65536 count=548352 of=/dev/block/mmcblk0
International H815 10c Version (NOT H815T, H815TR, H815P, etc – you will lose internationalization and possibly features):
Code: dd if=/data/media/0/system.rooted.H81510c-EU.img bs=8192 seek=55296 count=529920 of=/dev/block/mmcblk0
AT&T H810 10G Version:
Code: dd if=/data/media/0/system.rooted.h81010g.img bs=8192 seek=65536 count=579584 of=/dev/block/mmcblk0
Sprint LS991 ZV5 Version:
Code: dd if=/data/media/0/system.rooted.LS991ZV5.img bs=8192 seek=65536 count=557312 of=/dev/block/mmcblk0